How to create an integration with Greenhouse.io
RecruitBot uses machine learning to understand your hiring preferences and discover your ideal candidates, then gets them to engage with you by automating conversations with best-in-class email marketing tools.
Through our integration with Greenhouse.io, you'll easily be able to easily transfer data between platforms.
In this article, we cover how to create the integration between Greenhouse Recruiting and RecruitBot.
Before we begin, make sure you have:
☑ A Greenhouse.io admin account
☑ A RecruitBot admin account
This article demonstrates how to:
Part II: Map your Greenhouse stages to RecruitBot ⤓
Part III: Link RecruitBot positions to your Greenhouse positions ⤓
Create Integration between Greenhouse Recruiting and RecruitBot
1. Open a new tab and go to Greenhouse.io Click the Configure icon in the upper-right corner.
2. Using the left-hand menu , navigate to the Dev Center.
3. Select API Credential Management.
4. Click Create a new API Key.
5. Use the subsequent dialog box to give the credential the description " RecruitBot". Select Harvest from the Type dropdown menu.
6. Click Create.
7. From the Manage API Key Permissions page, click Select the following permissions.
Ensure your permission fields match the following:
Permission Field Settings
Custom Field Options
9. Once copied, access your RecruitBot integrations page.
This page can be found by logging into your RecruitBot account, clicking on your account name in the upper right corner and selecting Company Settings from the dropdown menu.
10. Paste your Greenhouse API Key into the box labeled “ENTERPRISE API” in the Greenhouse section of the Integrations page, as seen in the image below.
Just below the API Status list, you have the option to select a user for updates (typically this is your Greenhouse Admin).
Part II: Map your Greenhouse.io stages to RecruitBot
- In the subsequent section of the Integrations page (below the API Status list), you can map your custom Greenhouse stages to RecruitBot.
Your first stage for "Application Review" should be "Applied". The rest should be "Interviewing." Choices have been made for you by default, but please review these mappings before clicking "Submit".
🎉 The integration between RecruitBot and Greenhouse is now complete! 🎉
Part III: Link RecruitBot positions to your Greenhouse.io positions
With the integration setup complete, you can now;
A) Import candidate search information from Greenhouse to RecruitBot
B) Link existing candidate searches that were made solely in RecruitBot (likely during your trial) to the related positions on Greenhouse
NOTE: The integration will also find all of the candidates you’ve reached out to in a platform outside of RecruitBot to make sure that you don’t engage them in additional correspondence.
A) Link existing Greenhouse positions with a new position in RecruitBot
1. Return to the app homepage (app.recruitbot.com) and select +Create Position from the upper right. This will prompt the following window:
2. Select the input box to begin typing the position as it is named on Greenhouse and, as it appears, select it from a dropdown list of all the positions from your Greenhouse.
3. Once you have selected the appropriate position, click the “Link” button.
Now your search is reflected in both applications and any changes made on one platform will be automatically reflected in the other.
NOTE: A logo in the title of your search serves as an indicator that a position is synced with Greenhouse.io (or any other ATS).
B) Sync existing RecruitBot positions with positions in Greenhouse.io
1. Return to the app homepage (app.recruitbot.com).
2. Navigate to the position you would like to connect with Greenhouse and click on the gear symbol in the upper right corner of the position section.
3. A pop-up window labeled “Edit Position” will appear. At the bottom of this pop-up there is a section titled “Link To Greenhouse”. Input/select the name of the Greenhouse position you’d like to sync with the RecruitBot position, and click the “Link” button.